What is otitis media? Otitis media is an inflammation of the middle ear almost always accompanied infection that occurs abruptly and causes:
- Ear pain, usually on one side.
- The person who has it has the feeling that his ear is plugged (hearing loss).
- Fever, especially in children under 2 years.
- Otitis is sometimes anticipated by a cold, sinusitis or nasal mucus increased.
- The first presenting symptom is clogged ear that can not be open to swallowing. Then comes the pain, which can be mild or severe.
- The ear begins to ooze a liquid (pus) through the ear canal, called a discharge when the eardrum is punctured, releasing the infected fluid inside the middle ear. (more…)