Pathology is characterized by an erection limited to the corpus cavernosum of the penis, excluding the corpus spongiosum and the glans, lasting abnormally high, painful, without sexual desire.
- rigidity of the corpora cavernosa of the penis
- without turgidity of spongy body and glans
- several hours
- without sexual desire
- Idiopathic: some patients have no known cause in the onset of priapism.
- Hematologic: leukemia, sickle cell disease.
- Neoplastic: lymphoma or metastasis of the corpora cavernosa.
- Neurological: multiple sclerosis, paraplegia.
- Iatrogenic: the most frequent. It is injected intra-cavernous overdose during treatment of impotence.