Indicator of the health of the elderly and their quality of life.
Unit: the need for attention and care needed by those who can not do for themselves the activities of daily living.
Major causes of dependency.
• Chronic illness or disabling.
• cardiovascular diseases (stroke, CHF)
• Pathologies in the musculoskeletal (arthritis, osteoporosis)
• Neurological disorders (Alzheimer, dementia)
• Pathologies that affect the sense organs (cataracts, deafness)
• Urinary incontinence
• Infectious process
• Oral diseases
• Food and nutrition
• Depresion.Síndrome restraints. (more…)