Why Should I Keep Blood Glucose at a healthy level?
- You must maintain blood glucose at a healthy level to prevent or delay diabetes problems. Ask your doctor or diabetes educator what the blood glucose level healthy for you.
- Your blood glucose may go too high if you eat too much. If your blood sugar rises too high, you may become ill.
- Your blood glucose can also go too high if you do not take the right amount of diabetes medicine.
- If your blood sugar stays high for too long may cause problems for diabetics. These can be problems of the heart, eyes, feet and kidneys, among others.
How Can I Keep Blood Glucose at a healthy level?
- Eat about the same amount of food every day.
- Eat your meals and snacks at about the same time every day.
- Do not skip meals or snacks.
- Take your medicines at the same time every day.
- Exercise around the same time every day.