Posts Tagged ‘arthritic symptoms’
Saturday, July 19th, 2008
- Arthritis has no direct effect on sexual function, arthritic symptoms can inhibit sexual function. Treatment with steroids to control arthritis can reduce sexual interest or desire.
The progressive disfigurement may cause changes in body image.
- Assumption pathogenic mechanism: Opposition to the stimulating effect of androgens on the brain and sex organs (caused by treatment with steroids).
- cardiovascular accident (stroke) causes no direct impairment of sexual function disorders are common even in the erection and decreased frequency of intercourse and sexual intercourse.
- Assumption pathogenic mechanism: Changes in the role of the patient or her partner, fear of relapse or sudden death.
- Cardiovascular Disease: The deterioration of sexual functioning limits the quality of life of 34 – 75% of patients after myocardial infarction (MI). No direct physical effect on sexual function in men, although only 25% of post-MI patients regain their level of sexual activity prior to IM, 25% resumed sexual activity. Women are less likely to experience sexual problems. (more…)