Though feeding is often very helpful to patients with this disease, usually cancer patients should take advantage of consumption and a diet of natural foods and dietary supplements should complement nutrition for a completely satisfactory.
There are many situations that arise as side effects of mediation that has to consume to achieve an improvement and we need this at the time of feeding.
- In the particular case of vomiting, we must reduce the intake of fats and fried foods, foods of strong odors, since they often cause nausea and is also important to reduce anxiety and not conducive to proper digestion.
- These patients often suffer from constipation, so should not be missing fiber in your diet, fruits, vegetables such as prunes and vegetables, will not have to resort to laxatives.
- Diarrhea, we must always insist that cancer patients are well hydrated, soft drinks, not sodas, intakes astringent for diarrhea such as rice, carrots, apples, chicken, and in these cases should rest for milk and fruit mature.
- Sore mouth, also calls for a proper oral hygiene should visit the dentist before starting treatment, and diet should be based on liquid and semi-liquid, cold purees and avoiding irritating foods, as this will be of great help.
- Dry mouth is a very common side effect especially in patients receiving radiation therapy, and in these cases you are recommended eating soft foods, juices and juice drinks that are not acidic, ice cream relieves dryness.
- When there is presence of pain, pain medication is best to consume before eating, if necessary, and for the patient suffering from early satiety, you are recommended that you feed several times a day in order to achieve the nutritional values that it needs.